If you are worried about the chemicals you are putting on your skin, natural antiperspirant indeed a better option. Antiperspirant products work a little different way than a deodorant. For instance, antiperspirant actually blocks the pores of our body that releases pores. However, the fact here is that these pores are very essential. As a result, they are the way of detoxification of our body. The chemical used in the antiperspirant products are also very harmful to our skin. Because of this, it best to use natural antiperspirant products. As a matter of fact, if you know how to make natural antiperspirant at your home with a natural element, it is definitely the best solution.
Why Use Natural Antiperspirant?
Eating healthy foods and drinking plenty of water can reduce the odor the bad smell gradually. However, you still need some kind of protection to make sure everything is fine when you are performing in the outdoor. In addition, there are some good quality antiperspirants. But the number is very few and not all of them are natural products. The aluminum and other additives of these products are also very harmful to your skin. First and foremost, read below to find out the reasons for making homemade antiperspirant for the best use.
- Homemade Natural Antiperspirant Does Not Contain Harmful Aluminum
- The Ingredients Used For Homemade Antiperspirant Are Completely Safe For the Skin
- These Elements Do Not Block Pores But Prevent Odors to Build Up
- Lower the Risk of Alzheimer’s Disease
- No Chance to Exposure of Harmful Chemicals in the Time of Pregnancy
- No Risk of Developing Breast Cancer
- They Are Not Animal Products and Are Completely Vegan-Friendly.
- Provide Natural Fragrance
- Safe For Skins
These are the benefits if you use homemade natural antiperspirants regularly.
Top Ingredients for Natural Antiperspirant
Not every ingredient is helpful in preventing deodorant and providing you a great comfort. There are some natural products which can be used to make the homemade antiperspirant at home. The ingredients are;
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Essential Oils
These natural elements are highly antiperspirant element you can count on. In the following section, I will provide you with the idea of using these natural elements to make your own homemade antiperspirant.
How to Make Homemade Natural Antiperspirant?
I mentioned two recipes below. The first one comes with the softness of shea butter. However, you do not have shea butter for the moment skip to the second recipe. The second recipe is also good and requires few amounts of ingredients.
Recipe 1: Shea Butter Natural antiperspirant
Shea butter provides great softness. You can this for better comfort. For a complete list of ingredients read below;
- 2 Tablespoon of Shea Butter
- 3 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoon of Arrowroot or cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoon of Baking Soda
- Essential Oils
Read below to learn all the steps of making Shea Butter Natural Antiperspirant;
- Take a pot and add some shea butter and coconut oil in it.
- With medium heat melt the shea butter and coconut oil and make a mixer
- When it is completely melted and the mixer is complete stop heating.
- Now add some arrowroot flour and baking soda. If there is no arrowroot in your possession for the moment add more baking soda.
- And beeswax and mix them well
- You are almost done! Add essential oils. For better storage pour it into a glass jar or container. It does not need to be stored in the fridge.
- However, you can cool it down and use your deodorant stick for better use although if you do not keep it in the fridge it will melt in the summer.
Your Shea Butter Natural antiperspirant is ready to use. Use beeswax to seal the container. If you want the mixer to be hardened in few minutes keep it the freezer.
Recipe 2: Natural antiperspirant with Tea Tree Oil
Hence, Tea Tree Oil is antibacterial and helps to find the germ in the odor that creates the bad smell. Combined with other essential antiperspirant ingredients this homemade natural antiperspirant is a great recipe to keep you cool. And it is also easy to make.
- 10 to 20 drops of Tea Tree oil
- 10 to 20 Drops of Essential oil
- 2 to 3 Tablespoon of Unrefined Coconut oil
- 6 Tablespoon of Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoon of Baking Soda
Natural antiperspirant with Tea Tree Oil is a great homemade product to keep you cool and odor free. Read below to learn more about the instructions;
- Take the 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 6 tablespoons of cornstarch in a bowl and mix them well.
- Then, add 10 to 20 drops of tea tree oil followed by 10 to 20 drops of essential oil and mix them well.
- Next, add 2 to 3 tablespoon of coconut oil in it. If you found coconut oil is too hard to warm it in a microwave for a few moments. You will find it crumbly, but it’s fine.
- Try to mix them gradually.
- When the mixer is done, take a clean and dry container where you want to store it for later use.
- When you are done, put the mixer in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to set the mixer and firm up.
Congratulations your natural antiperspirant is ready to use. Put a stick inside to use it as a deodorant stick.
As I have said, no one can escape from body odor. For this reason, all of us use some kind of antiperspirant products. However, most of the products we use contain chemicals that are harmful to our skin. As a matter of fact, some can even cause skin cancer if used for a prolonged period of time.
The solution is to use all natural homemade products so that you stay cool without damaging your skin. I believe that after reading this document you have got the idea of how to make natural antiperspirant easily at home. You can also use the best natural antiperspirant product discussed at the end of this article. If you need more information, please feel free to write us back.