There's no reason I should still be posting about wordpress.com. I guess I'm just annoyed that I ever thought it was a good place to blog/journal/post. The exclusion of anyone who's not a child or a christian has reached a fever pitch. They've just released the following guidelines1:
- No inappropriate titles. Do we suppose this means that if you're posting about the really hot sex you had last night, you should make sure the title is "fluffy kittens for everyone"?
- No profanity or nudity. This means that my cuss-like-a-sailor-because-it-makes-people-respond-not-just-think-about-it tactic is definitely outlawed. I hate to think what it means for ICHC.
- No extraneous categories. I'm sure my 2.0 category was causing serious consternation. let alone "cult-of-matt". In fact, only the officially sanctioned categories are allowed. Anything else and you'll be relegated to the dustbin, because then you won't drive traffic to our ad-laden tag pages.
- And really, you should only post to one category at a time. nevermind that wordpress.com categories can't be used as categories, since the links lead out of your blog2. if you use categories as tags (meta information), you're definately going to be banned
Basically, if you're not an aspiring member of the web 2.0 a-list-aspiring echo chamber, you're not welcome on wordpress.com. fantastic. glad i left. now I'm off to find the 11 most relevant tags for this post.
- taken to their logical extreme, with commentary
- do I really need to explain what a horrific user experience it is to click on someone's category in post meta and find no posts at all?